e. The Parish Regeneration Project Roadshow
- Implementing your Parish Plan?
- Anyone interested please contact Warwick on 01548 511235 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks.
d. Parish Heritage Appraisal
- (It was great to meet representatives from all the groups recently and to hear about all the work you had undertaken- I was impressed already!)
- In order to get your project up and running- and importantly- to introduce the idea to as many local people as possible- a wider audience than those who might ordinarily come along to your society events- I'd like to offer you a guided walk led by Robert Waterhouse.
- these have made a good and very well received event to start all previous projects and can be tailored to suit your interests. For some parishes a general village history walk may not appeal, however one focussed on one or two particular features; a historic house/estate, old church, field patterns- or indeed anything you yourselves are intrigued about and might want to know more of- make a good focus for an interesting event.
- My only advice is to let Robert lead a walk of easy length and with a wide appeal- then you should attract new local people into the project at the start and encouurage a wide involvement with subsequent events. After this walk I intend taht we can work with Martin's team of experts to formulate a programme of workshops on subjects to suit your needs and interests.
- So please can you give some thought as to what you would like an initial walk to focus on- and have a few dates in March and April so I can contact him? weekend days are best, though later in the year we can also hold early evening events/walks.
- You can contact me by email- or call me on 01803 849270. As I work from home,it's best to call on Tuesdays- 9.30am-4pm- as i am guaranteed to be near my desk then - other working times are less set. You can of course leave a message on the machine and I can return your call one evening if more convenient. I look forward to hearing from you and working with you this year. Trudy Turrell
c. Parish Paths Partnership - Alan ?
b. Parish Millenium Book - Copies of the Millenium Book are available price £20-00, from Roger Tucker, Higher House Farm,East Prawle, TQ7 2BU. Tel./Fax. 01548511332. Email email@example.com
a. Action Plan- Last 4 pages of the Parish Plan - Below is a précis of what the Parish Council have completed to date.
OUR PARISH PLAN
A Copy of our Parish Plan has been lodged at Follerton House with South Hams District Council
- 1. Housing Unable to complete. Our Parish does not pass present criteria for the building of Affordable Houses. Criteria being: a Church, + b School, + c Post Office, + d Shops, + regular Public Transport. None of our Villages/Hamlets have all these.
- 2. Transport not yet implemented
- 3. Environment not yet implemented
- 4. Local Services
- 4/2. Parish Heritage Appraisal. Life into Landscape. Is a programme of activities to conserve and enhance the natural beauty and rich heritage of South Devon - our parish in particular. It provides opertunities for both locals and visitors to explore the countryside and become involved for caring for it. Our aim is to set up Historic / Archealogical Society (as so many of the parishioners asked for in the plan questionaire), and working in conjunction with South Pool Historical Society which was set up 18 months ago. Anyone interested please contact one of the councilors.
- 4/3. Leisure Facilities & Young People in the Parish The Parish Council are endevouring to procure land and planning permission to build a Games Area. Space which would be used for 5 a side football, or 2 Tennis Courts, Netball, Volleyball, Basket Ball, Cricket Nets etc. A site meeting was arranged for Friday 9th February 2007 with all available councillors, the outcome being an outline plan to be sent to SHDC for approval.
- Anyone interested in helping in any way please contact Roger on 01548 511 332 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5. Jobs & Employment not yet implemented
- 6. Tourism
- 6/2. Camping at East Prawle (Click once when the hand appears) Explanation from District Council as to what is happening at East Prawle this season with regard to camping.
- 7. Community Services
- 7/1. Kerbside Collection to start in February 2006 - information will be sent to all dwellings in the parish.
- 7/2. Newsletters are being published quarterly - contact David Hampden-Smith for inserts or advertisements. Tel: 511277
- 7/2. Website Here we are!! If you would like to add to anything on this site, or advertise a B&B/Holiday Let, or business please contact Warwick on 01548 511235 or e-mail email@example.com (Click once when hand appears) then write your information / query after you have filled in the Subject Line.
- 7/2. Telephone Cascade System is in progress of being implemented.
- 7/4. Piglet Stores The new owners took over on the 31st of March 2006. They are Christopher and Vivian Lally and their son Edward from East Allington. The Store will be kept open all year round in 2006/2007.
- 7/5. BT have allowed the 4 Phone Boxes in the Parish to be left alone for the time being.
- 7/7. South Hams District have been informed of the Parish views regarding the New Licencing Laws for Public Houses.
- 7/8. PCC informed that at least 55 parishoners will require burial sites in St Sylvester's Churchyard in the future.